ButtonMad

ButtonMad
Teeny Tiny Bird Buttons

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Reversible Sun Hat


Before I left on holiday, I made my niece a reversible sun hat.


 I used the free pattern from Sew Much Ado.


Someone seems pretty pleased about it.


I printed out the pattern and having closed the internet page with the directions, followed the few instructions printed on the pattern pieces.


It was very easy to put together and took less than an hour. 


For the first time she was happy to have a hat on.


And showed some flair for posing...


I used this green spotty fabric on the reverse and a bright apple print fabric on the main side.


These buttons go perfectly with the apple fabric - happy lowly worm and a half eaten apple core!


Here it is with the apple fabric showing...






I'm sitting here in the sunny South of France wishing I'd made one in my size...just as well there's a sewing machine here!


With my hat forgotten on the edge of the couch, she only has eyes for her dada.





8 comments:

  1. So many cute pictures of your niece in her lovely hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Thanks for the pattern link too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job - in an hour?! Wow! And what a charming model :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cude girl! She is looking perfect with her hat. -And she seems to know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. the hat and your niece are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute niece and your hat is wonderful no wonder she was enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so cute! Love it! The hat and your niece, of course.

    Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This hat is adorable, love your choice of fabrics! I always loved to make hats for my kids when they were little, now I make some for myself and they borrow them...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our ButtonMad blog. Although we don't have time to reply to everybody who leaves a comment, we do really appreciate the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...